Pages

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Reason Is The Greatest Enemy That Faith Has.

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.

Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is not malevolent.

Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?

Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?

 - Epicurus  

I know I'm complaining about unicorns, magical Rings and Quidditch Through The Ages all day long, but I do call myself an atheist. I'm sorry for all the believers here, but for me, it's just bullshit. Faith is just nonsense, and for me it even doesn't exist. I see 'faith' as a kind of hope. That people believed in God earlier, yes, I can understand that. All those natural phenomena, just imagine you don't have any idea about what it possibly could be. Yes, I understand if you're going to search for answers, and find it in a kind of invisible person in the sky who will help you out, because they have nothing else to believe in. But now? If you just think, just think for a few minutes, you'll see it all doesn't make any sense. Almost everything can be explained by the science, and the things that can't be explained now, will be explained later. "Reason is the greatest enemy that faith has."  True or false?

Don't get me wrong, I never wanted to insult anyone, or let anyone stop believing. No, respect for them, seriously! But this is just how I think about it. Try to make your own opinion, realize God's just in people's head, and they have hope. That's although not that easy I think, believing in something you can't even see, that's hard. Like I said before, show some respect! They have hope. They believe. I can't do that. But still, try to think yourself. Try to give a meaning to your life, without established rules. Chose on which way you want to live. That's my purpose. Think by myself, and be responsible for my actions and my choices.

I know this can insult a lot of people, for every faith, even for agnostic people. But just don't interpret it wrong. Think about this: more than 90% of all wars on this planet. Because of what? Faith. Religions. You see what I mean? People believe in some other God's and don't have any respect for other believers.

I admit, I also think about some stuff. There are so many things out here we can't see with our eyes, so many colours we can't perceive, so many things our brains will make us believe, that's never been there. Maybe there is something more. But I don't believe in stories such as ones of God. I think about magical worlds, about Lord of the Rings. Yeah guys, I know these worlds don't exist, and that they're impossible, but it's just in my own world, and my hope. You see? I'm also sure there is some life on other planets, not only on ours. We have a universe so big, that it would be selfish if you think you're alone out here. But ghosts? Souls? Gods? No. Not for me. It's just not true. It just doesn't exist. It are ancient, mythical stories, and they will stay that forever. Start with living your life, instead of thinking anyone else will do it for you. Something what will never be that way.

So now I'll just shut up. Maybe my teacher believes (I doubt that), so maybe my grades won't be that... good. So yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment